My name is Sarah, and here are some things about me:
- I have an Italian Greyhound called Isla, and a cat called Izzy.
- I am from the UK, but now live in the Former Soviet Republic of Georgia.
- I was originally training as a Neuropsychologist, but later studied Medicine, Diving Medicine, and Public Health Medicine.
- I have worked in Film, and now teach Geography to students whose first language is not English.
- I’m an IMCA Diver Medic Technician, and am a PADI and BSAC certified scuba diver.
- I love to be outdoors, and in nature.
- My favourite places in the world are the Outer Hebrides and Iceland.
- My favourite musicians are Julie Fowlis and Pink Martini.
- I am the Founder and Director of an environmental education NGO called ‘Oceans Project Georgia’.
- I am about to embark on a 6 month journey across the Pacific Ocean as part of my PhD and to help empower the young people on Oceans Project Georgia.
- In Spring 2015, I plan to walk to the Northern Pole of Inaccessibility.
You can follow me here:
- Oceans Project Georgia Blog: http://www.oceansproject.com/oceans-project-blog.html
- National Geographic Adventure: http://natgeoadventure.tv/uk/User.aspx?userId=22136
- Miss Sarah’s Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Sarah/309646125718308?bookmark_t=page
- Oceans Project Georgia’s Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oceans-Project-Georgia/233653316691866?bookmark_t=page
- Oceans Project Georgia on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/OceansProject
- Education through Expeditions: http://www.etelive.org/content/contentete.numo?id=171
- rOwPG (my Pacific Ocean row): http://www.fourbirdsaboating.com/
- Earthwatch: http://www.earthwatch.org/europe/newsroom/volunteering/oceans-project-georgia.html